The Bates Family
Allen, Leah, Brookelyn, & Braedyn

Friday, November 21, 2008

2 going on 20

Brookelyn has been quite the little stinker lately! The other day she asked me to throw something in the trash for her. I looked at her, told her no, and made the mistake of asking if her arm was broken. Well, since then, almost every time I ask her to do something (regardless of whether it actually involves her arm) she will look at me and tell me no, her arm is broken. Of course she has the cutest little look on her michevious face as she says it. However, after the fifteenth time, it has begun to lose its cuteness! Case in point, this morning (after yet another sleepless night) Braedyn was wailing in his crib, so I asked Brookelyn to sing to him. She started in on the ABC's, the Brookelyn rendition that usually lasts at least 10 minutes, but after only 30 seconds, she stopped and turned to me and said, "Mommy I am out of gas." Now, I know Allen and I have never said that before, so who knows where she heard that? When I gave her a crazy look, she proceeded to then tell me that her arm was broken. Now why that prevents her from singing I am not exactly sure, but if I have learned anything over the past couple of months, I have learned to pick my battles, so I didn't push her. Later on this morning we were having our daily dance-a-thon before taking her to school. Yes, Brookelyn loves to dance and will even request a certain artist. Her current favorites are Beyonce, Pink, and Rhianna. And yes, she can tell you who is singing when their songs come on! Anyway, while we were dancing, I told her, "Look, mommy can do a pase (a ballet move)." She flipped her little blown out hair around, looked and me, and told me, "No mommy! We only do pases on Thursday at ballet!" Well, who knew she what days of the week her activities were on?!

No comments: