The Bates Family
Allen, Leah, Brookelyn, & Braedyn

Thursday, November 19, 2009

TODDLER TANTRUMS!

My so sweet little laid back baby boy has morphed into a tantrum throwing toddler! He is super dramatic and very good at making a loud scene--much better than his big sister was at his age! This afternoon when he grabbed their little play phone and realized it wasn't charged, he LOST his mind. Here is his initial reaction:



I picked him up, rocked him, tried to distract him, promised we could charge it, but NOTHING worked. So I sat him back on the floor and walked into the other room so he wouldn't have an audience. SIX MINUTES later he was still at it. Here he is take two:



Again, I picked him up, kissed him, and tried to love on him, but he was MAD-MAD-MAD! So again, I walked away thinking he would at least get tired. But no, not my stubborn child. Here he is SEVEN MINUTES later:

Whoever has taken my sweet angel, please kindly return him, and take this creature back to wherever he came from! (By the way, I got him to stop by offering him a drink of my Taco Bueno soda--thank goodness for small miracles!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OOOOOOHHHH Leah......That was sooooo Riley at that age. She still does that but not to the same degree. I'm proud of you for staying so calm and being able to video it!

Unknown said...

Wowee! I don't know what I would have done but I love that one of your first thoughts was to go grab the camera. Isn't it amazing how even tantrums like that just roll off our backs now?!