The Bates Family
Allen, Leah, Brookelyn, & Braedyn

Friday, June 25, 2010

Checked That Box...

On Wednesday night we were headed to Taco Bueno for dinner, when Braedyn declared, "Cheese! Cheese!" Which, really means he wants chicken. (I know, I know. It only makes sense in Braedyn talk.) So, since we are obedient parents, we turned into Chik-fil-A. After dinner, the kids went to go play, so Allen and I could have a few, short moments of peace. However, it wasn't three minutes, and we heard Braedyn crying and a Daddy shot into the playplace to talk to his son. Allen walked into the playplace and found our little guy in bad shape. Translation: the other Daddy was not watching his son as he trampled/pushed Braedyn eye-first into the steps. I thought we were headed straight for the ER, but Allen assured me that the huge purple lump and cut were fine--WOW, Allen has come a LONG way in the last few years, huh?!

Here is B-Man on the way home after it happened. The picture does not do his poor little eye justice at ALL!


After we got home Allen and I promised him everything from candy to Diet Coke out of the can to make him happy. Finally, he stopped crying and seemed better. (I also called my friend in Dallas who is an opthamologist. She said he should be fine. Please, all of you out there who are my friends and happen to be doctors, don't disown me! I am sorry for always calling you with my crazy issues!)


Here is B Man day two right before he went to school:


And, here he is this morning. I had to bribe him with Diet Coke to take this picture--that is why he is smiling with so much emphasis.
So, we have officially checked the "Black-Eye Box." Please, we don't need any repeats!

And, I had to include this shot of my little Sugar-and-Spice-and-Everything-Nice Princess. She would never give her mom an ulcer over a black eye, right?!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmmmm...the black eye count in our house since Ace arrived is: Ace-0, Daddy-0 and Mommy-2. What is wrong with that?
I'll take it for the team if it means no black eyes for Ace.