The Bates Family
Allen, Leah, Brookelyn, & Braedyn

Friday, August 27, 2010

First Day of School for Brookelyn and Braedyn

This has been a wonderful week! Both kids started school, and I am finally beginning to feel like I am digging out of all the moving mess.

Brookelyn's first day of Pre-K was on Monday. She will go Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8-2. And, let me tell you, trying to get both kids dressed, fed, and ready to leave this house by 7:45 is HARD! Here she is on Monday morning:
If you notice, her shorts match her backpack :)
She had a great first day, and couldn't wait to go back on Wednesday!

So, on Tuesday, Braedyn had his first day. He will go on Tuesday and Thursday from 8-2. I love this schedule because it will allow me to have special one-on-one time with each of them. I had an adorable collared shirt all picked out for him to wear, but the diva that he is (and learned from his sister) decided he was going to wear Spiderman or nothing. As I said before, it is hard enough to get cooperative children out of the house by 7:45, much less my two stubborn ones. So, mommy lost. Here he is on Tuesday morning:
This is his GQ pose:
And of course, flashing those lady-killer dimples!
He also had a great day. It started off a little tough because he had gotten used to having his sister at school with him during the summer, but she gave him lots of hugs and told him to "pick a flower on the playground for me" and he happily waved goodbye to us.

No comments: