The Bates Family
Allen, Leah, Brookelyn, & Braedyn

Friday, May 13, 2011

My Kitchen Cabinets are DONE!

When we first bought our house, I knew I wanted to change the kitchen cabinets. It wasn't that they were ugly; it was just that they didn't match our style. So, a few weeks ago, I jumped into my first real DIY project.
Here they are "in progress" all laid out in the garage:
That was all fine and dandy, until it rained for two weeks straight and I had to move "the party" into the dining room! But even with all the obstacles, I am SO glad I took this project on.

Here is the BEFORE looking into the kitchen:
And, here is the AFTER:
Here is the BEFORE looking at the stove:
And, here is the AFTER:
Here is the BEFORE looking into the living room:
And, here is the AFTER:What a difference a coat of paint (or really a coat of primer, two coats of paint, and a TON of sanding) and new hardware makes!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel like you should have had a LOT longer post on this considering all of the WORK that went into those cabinets. They look incredible.