The Bates Family
Allen, Leah, Brookelyn, & Braedyn

Monday, July 9, 2012

Our Second Triathlon

On Sunday we competed in our second triathlon (this time locally).  Honey and Sashi watched the kiddos for us (a BIG thank you to them) and brought them to the finish line to cheer us on.

Here is Allen coming in from his bike.  It was a TOUGH bike course--tons of big hills and a longer stretch than our last race.

Between sightings of Mommy and Daddy, the kids were happy to swing in the shade:

And, here is Allen crossing the finish line! He did an amazing job!
 

And, me crossing the finish line.  (I was determined to beat that guy behind me!)

We both beat our times from the last triathlon (and on a MUCH harder course)! I have to say I never thought I would ever race in a triathlon, but I have the best training buddy EVER in my amazingly motivating husband!  Thank you Allen for pushing us to do things we never imagined!

T-minus three months until our Olympic Triathlon!

1 comment:

Avery said...

Congratulations Leah and Allen! Yall are a great team, looove seeing and reading about your accomplishments!