The Bates Family
Allen, Leah, Brookelyn, & Braedyn

Monday, November 4, 2013

Livestrong Bike Race

At the end of September (yes, I know I am late), Allen and I participated in the Livestrong Bike Race in Austin. Allen found the race while he was still going through chemo and I was pregnant.  We decided that riding the 45 mile route would be a great way to celebrate him beating CANcer and the baby's arrival.  Fast forward a few months, and I wasn't so sure I was prepared for that far of a ride, but as in life, I knew with Allen leading the way I would make it through.  

The pre-race expo was awesome! They had special cards you could fill out and hang up to celebrate people who were affected by CANcer.
Here is Allen's card!
 The next day we got up super early to drive to Austin (my mom was watching the kiddos at her house in San Antonio).
Right before the race started. 
This is the 1/2 way point stop.
WE DID IT! The race was great, and it felt awesome to cross that finish line!
Just past the finish line.
They gave all the survivors yellow roses.
You could wear cards on your jersey to honor someone.  Mt hubby is such a bad-ass!
I think this race might become a tradition! Of course Allen wants to do the 60 mile route next year.

No comments: