The Bates Family
Allen, Leah, Brookelyn, & Braedyn

Monday, December 14, 2009

Best Gift EVER...

As soon as I walked into Brookelyn's classroom to prep for her class Christmas party, Brookelyn announced loudly that she had a present for Allen and I. (All of you who know Brookelyn know that she LOVES a present like no man, woman, or child I have met before--even if it isn't for her.) She insisted that I open it immediately, but I was able to pacify her with many promises of getting her big girl mattress later in the afternoon.

She brought it up several times throughout today, but I was so proud of her that she was able to keep a secret and manage to wait until Allen got home for us to open it together. Inside was the BEST present I have ever gotten (and I know Allen agrees)--a little nesting doll set of Baby Jesus, Mary, and Joesph. She was so proud that she helped her teacher, Ms. Cathy make it and glue it together. Baby Jesus rests on the bottom, Mary sits on top of him, and Joesph goes over her--such a happy little nested family together. It reminded me of our family (sure we really need two Baby Jesus' but close enough) and how thankful I am for the place we are at right now. I know that each year I will unpack these little nesting dolls and think back to this place in our lives with a smile!
Here are a few pictures from the party--it is always hard to take them since I am coordinating everything:
This is Brookelyn making her snowman ornament--the "smile" you see is driving me crazy these days. I don't know why she insists on channeling Garth from Wayne's World?!

Here she is with all her little classmates. We were about to play Christmas Bingo.


Yum-reindeer cupcakes! Hey, I bought the cupcakes at Walmart, but the kids had fun decorating them! I was obviously not in charge of the juice you see pictured because I am not sure what mother in her right mind (I am giving the mommy who bought these a break because she is pregnant with two kids under three and a half, so she probably isn't in her right mind) would purchase juice in GLASS bottles with NO straws!

Here is a better shot of the cupcakes and the juice, which she later spilled in her car seat (don't tell Allen because we spent almost two hours cleaning out the car on Sunday)! It really was a fun party--Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those glass bottles remind me of the guy at Chik-Fil-A tying the balloons with knives!!! Looks like such a fun party and I LOVE her smile.