The Bates Family
Allen, Leah, Brookelyn, & Braedyn

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Rhea Lana Time in the Bates House!

It is that time again...time when I stock up on ziploc bags, magic erasers, safety pins, hangers, and all the other little things I need to sell all the kids' toys and clothes at Rhea Lana (the local consignment sale here in AR)!
So, for the last two weeks I have been spending my afternoons in the guest bedroom ironing, starching, hanging, tagging, and entering in the computer all the kids' clothes that they have grown out of. And, if you know Allen and I, you know we love to dress the kids "to the nines," so there is quite A LOT of clothes to sell. I am actually already up to two consigner numbers (they only let you consign 150 items per number) and 250 items!!

Here are a couple of pictures of all the items I have been working on:
Clothes:
More clothes:
Toys, books, DVDs, etc:
And, I have two huge plastic containers full of shoes (this is just one):
While all of this is A LOT of work, it is SO worth it! Every year we are able to sell all the stuff the kids have grown out of, and then outfit them in all new stuff while usually coming out ahead!

No comments: