The Bates Family
Allen, Leah, Brookelyn, & Braedyn

Monday, June 4, 2012

Gentry Safari Park Field Trip

We got back from San Antonio late Tuesday night, and Thursday morning I was a chaperone on Brookelyn's field trip to the Gentry Safari Park.  Of course, little brother tagged along.  That morning I just walked the kids into school so I could help Mrs. Scott, Brookelyn's teacher, get her classmates ready to go.  Then, Braedyn and I walked across the street to get into my car and follow the busses 35 minutes to the Safari Park.  Once we finally got there, I unloaded all our gear and then went to get Braedyn out of the car.  That is when he told me he couldn't find his shoe.  I nonchalantly helped him look on the floorboards to find it, but after a quick glance didn't locate it, I started to get worried.  But, HOW could someone lose a shoe in THE CAR? I frantically pulled out all the car seats, looked in the front floorboards, the backseat pockets, the trunk--EVERYWHERE! no. shoe.  Honestly, I don't think I have been that mad in a long time.  How was I supposed to chaperone 19 kindergarteners with a one-shoed four year old?!  After a mini-mommy tantrum, I picked up Braedyn and got on the bus to drive through and see the animals.  Afterwards, I CARRIED him for TWO HOURS around the petting zoo and animal cages.  Along the way, another mom stopped me and commented on his missing shoe.  Embarrassed, I started to explain, but she stopped me to say that she had seen HIS SHOE by the stop sign ACROSS the STREET from the school! That meant that Braedyn had lost his shoe while walking to our car before we left and DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING! Really, four year old boys baffle me.

Here is the little offender feeding a goat while sitting on a rock (there was poop everywhere on the ground).  Notice the missing shoe!

 And, here is the princess, totally un-phased by all the drama:

Braedyn hopped on a big lion with the girls to take a cute picture (besides, my arms were KILLING ME)! Notice, the missing shoe...again!

Long story short, Mrs. Scott called the school secretary and had her walk across the street to retrieve Braedyn's flip-flop, the field trip was a success, and I got one heck of a bicep work out!

No comments: