The Bates Family
Allen, Leah, Brookelyn, & Braedyn

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

No pictures to post--just a quick update!

Brookelyn:
Today she had her school Halloween party and parade. It was adorable, and her Dora costume was a hit. No one could believe she wore the wig--and isn't it ironic that this is the child who thinks everything is itchy! I got to do a craft with the kids in her class, which was really fun. I had been looking forward to seeing her interact with the teachers and her classmates. I guess my main take away is that I sure wish she followed directions that well at home!! Before I left her school, the teachers mentioned that no parent had stepped forward to be the class coordinator, so guess who agreed to take over? I am actually very excited to put together games and snacks for their little parties. All of you creative people reading this blog--send me your holiday ideas!!
On a different note, last night when I was putting Brookelyn to bed she just looked so angelic and precious. She was looking at me with those big blue eyes from behind her sippy cup, and something just struck me to ask, "Do you want to say your prayers tonight?" She said yes, and put down her cup. Very seriously she clasped her hands, bowed her head and said, "Thank you for my lunch. AMEN!" I had to work hard not to laugh, but I thought it was just adorable! Shout out to Grandpa Bates!

Braedyn:
He had his helmet appointment yesterday. Everything looks great, and we go back again next week. His head is growing at such a rate that we have been going weekly instead of bimonthly! Hey, growing that big noggin is good for something--hopefully he will get the helmet off twice as fast. Actually, the helmet has come in handy a couple of times. Overzealous big sis opened a book right on his head the other day, but no injury or tears thanks to his Razorback helmet! And, I must confess, I accidentally hit him with my knee the other day trying to lug myself up off the floor, but again, his trusty helmet saved him. Maybe we should just keep him in it until he turns 16!?
Today was also Braedyn's first real baby playdate. I met a lady at a neighborhood get together last weekend and she invited us to meet her and her friends today. It was great because Brookelyn was at school and we could have a little "baby time". He enjoyed the other babies--probably because none of them could move much either and he didn't have to worry about a two year old bouncing him around (lovingly of course).

We miss you all and will be sure to post pics of Trick or Treating!

No comments: