The Bates Family
Allen, Leah, Brookelyn, & Braedyn

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Poor Braedyn

Poor Braedyn! He is not eating, sleeping, or pooping.

EATING:

He has decided to swear off baby food altogether. He has never been much of a fan (of either my homemade or store bought organic), but now he simply seals his mouth closed. The only thing I can pretty much get him to eat (most of the time) is the little baby puffs. These have absolutely no nutritional value and very few calories (you have to have 90 to eat a single serving!) Here he is at dinner tonight:

SLEEPING:

So, I thought he was doing fairly well for a while, but not so much any more. For example, last night he slept from 8 pm until 4 am (with a feeding at 10pm). Then, cried until 5 am when I brought him in bed, nursed for an hour, and finally gave up at 6:45. So, I am thinking surely we will have a good nap today, but no. He did not nap at all until I finally put him in his bed at 12:30. Where, once in his bed, he cried for an hour and a half and then slept for 21 MINUTES!! THAT IS IT FOR THE ENTIRE DAY! And, this has become "normal".

POOPING:

Well, like eating and sleeping, this isn't happening either. And, when it does manage to occur, the results are like hard rocks. So, today I bought some glycerin suppositories and we had a "date". After I had the little pill was inserted I put him in the jumper to help things get a jump-start. Brookelyn was a great cheerleader--she stood in front of him and yelled, "Yeah Braedyn! Yeah Poop!" It was hilarious. So, not even 5 minutes later we had action. Poor guy he had a huge brown softball in his diaper.

Needless to say, we are off to the pediatrician tomorrow to see if we can't get things in all areas back on track!!

No comments: