The Bates Family
Allen, Leah, Brookelyn, & Braedyn

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Swine Flu: Day Two

Before I go into everything from today, I had to include this picture from last night. We took the kids on a walk before their baths and I just thought Braedyn looked adorable!

Okay, so today went really well overall. Brookelyn did wake up once last night, but she was fine and had no fever. In fact her fever has not returned all day (and I haven't given her any Tylenol)--YEA! This morning she pretty much laid around and didn't want to eat, but she wasn't fussy or complaining at all.
When I got up I posted Brookelyn's progress on Facebook (all my mommy friends are on there and were following her). My friend down the street posted that she had told her six year old that Brookelyn had the Swine Flu (Brookelyn was at his birthday party on Saturday, so I had called her to let her know). She said that he then told her, "Mom I knew something like that happened. I saw the tape on their porch, and that means they can't come out!" Well, here is a picture of our house--with the Halloween decorations!!
I thought that was HILARIOUS!!

So, since I knew we would be cooped up all day we might as well be productive. And, nothing makes Brookelyn happier than cleaning, so we gathered up all our hard, plastic toys and took them for a swim in bleach water:

This afternoon we had lunch--although Brookelyn didn't really eat much.


Since I was trying to keep the two hooligans away from each other, I let Brookelyn go play dress up in her room. She came out looking like her normal, princess self:

You can see Braedyn in the background wearing his fairy wings--he brought them to me to put them on him. He wanted to play dress-up like big sis! Even funnier was when he came in the living room with her heels. Surprisingly, he is a pro at walking in them and wore them most of the afternoon. Here he is dancing in them:
So, overall I would say that Brookelyn is almost back to her normal self. Braedyn just needs to stay symptom free until tomorrow night when Brookelyn is no longer contagious (as long as her fever stays away). That should be easier since he goes to school tomorrow. Maybe by Friday we will be completely out of quarantine and I can take the kids out of the house (fingers crossed)!

No comments: