The Bates Family
Allen, Leah, Brookelyn, & Braedyn

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Haunted Halloween House

With Braedyn at school, Brookelyn and I had some "girl time!" Yesterday Honey sent her a Haunted Halloween House Kit, and I had to plead and beg with her to wait until Braedyn was at school this morning to put it together--I knew that icing and tedious tasks would not mix with Mr. Braedyn and his current destruction phase! So after we dropped him off we got everything ready: Brookelyn couldn't wait to open the icing packages!

And she was very patient to carefully spread the purple sprinkles. Actually, we put on thick black icing before the sprinkles, and I let her use a knife to even out the icing. She told me, "Mommy, icing is like my hiney cheeks." I was like okay...and didn't want to ask. Never fear, she explained. "Mommy, I have to spread my hiney cheeks to poop, and spread the icing for the sprinkles." Pretty advanced analogy if you ask me! :) Although not one I would want her to share at school!

Here is more of that black icing. I felt sick after we were done from licking it off my fingers. That stuff is like straight corn syrup and cane sugar! You can see the candy corn walkway she made all by herself!

She decided all the leftover sprinkles should be dumped in the middle of the house, which was fine with me as long as they didn't end up on my freshly scrubbed (by hand) tile floor.

And, here is the final result! I think she did an AMAZING job! Luckily, we are off to gymnastics now to burn off all that sugar high!!

No comments: