The Bates Family
Allen, Leah, Brookelyn, & Braedyn

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day (not really all that happy)!

This picture makes me smile every time I see it. Braedyn's little mischievous smile SO captures his personality, and Brookelyn's sweet little smile captures hers!
My original plan was to just post our Valentine's Day card, but with all the action around our house this morning I also have to post this:
At 6:30 this morning I heard crying upstairs, which I incorrectly diagnosed as whining. That was until Allen and I called them downstairs about 6:45 to open their Valentine's Day presents. Then, I FREAKED! Apparently he did a front flip off the bed into the dresser (according to Brookelyn). He is fine, but looks TERRIBLE! Like, people whisper and stare at us when we go places terrible.

And, then there was this:
Not to be outdone by little brother, I also noticed that Brookelyn's eye was awfully red. And, after a trip to the Urgent Care, I now have TWO kids with pink eye in BOTH eyes. Poor babies.

What a rough Valentine's Day! Let's just HOPE, HOPE, HOPE that Daddy doesn't get pink eye!

No comments: