The Bates Family
Allen, Leah, Brookelyn, & Braedyn

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Summer: Week 5

I don't know how summer flew by so quickly! With the year round schedule Brookelyn only has a few weeks off for the summer, but I just knew we would have time for so much more!

Monday we hit up Taco Bueno--the kids FAVORITE place to eat. Braedyn was obviously in a mood.  It is really tough being a four year old little boy.

Tuesday I lost my mind and agreed to let the kids get a fish.  His name is Six (named by Brookelyn since she just turned six.)

Wednesday we decided to try the tie-dye kit Brookelyn got for her birthday.  They had a BLAST, but I will warn you it is SO MESSY and it stains whatever it touches FOREVER! Thus, the reason they are tie-dying outside in their underwear!  I know I am only supposed to include one picture but I couldn't choose!



Thursday was "Girls' Day" since it was really one of my last days to have Brookelyn while Braedyn was at school.  We rented a Barbie movie and I made Brookelyn her favorite lunch--mac -n cheese.  We ate "picnic style" and watched the movie together.

Friday we rinsed out the t-shirts and washed them.  Look how GREAT they turned out!! I was very impressed with the kiddos' craftiness!

And, surprise! They did their undies too! They thought this was totally hilarious!
Such a fun sumer week!

No comments: